Thursday, April 7, 2011

Albert Macbeth

Erie City Iron Works
High Grade
Steam Engines and Boilers
Feed Water Heaters

Erie, Pennsylvania, June 1st, 1905

My Dear Mrs. Macbeth:-

The writer wishes to express to you his most sincere sympathy, and to say to you that he very highly appreciated the fine character of Mr. Macbeth. In all my experience, I do not think that I have ever had the pleasure of meeting a man of more sterling worth than was Mr. Macbeth. There are so few characters like his to be found in the world, that their loss is always felt more keenly by the people with whom they come in contact.
I had thought I would come to the funeral, but the press of business made it impossible for me to do so. I very highly appreciate the personal loss which you have sustained.
Yours Most Respectfully,
Thos. E. Durban
(General Manager)

Mrs. Albert Macbeth
Conneaut, Ohio

Letter written by his employer.

No comments:

Post a Comment