Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Austin T. Miller (1821-1857)

Sir,
I must respectfully tender my resignation as Captain Company "C" 34th Reg't Oh. Infantry for the following reasons:
I have been subject to a consumptive disease of the lungs since Sept 28th 1861, and knowing that my physical abilities will not permit me to perform the duties appertaining to my office. I judge it proper for the benefit of the General service that I should allow some one more competent and more physical qualified than I am to assume of my Company.

Iam Sir,
Very Respectfully,
Your Obedient Servant
Austin T. Miller
Capt Company "C" 24th Regt Ohio

To:
C. W. Foster
Assistant Adjutant General
Department of Mo Ohio

Headquarters, Department of the Ohio.
Cincinnati Ohio, October 30th 1862
Special Orders
No 92

The resignation of the following named officers are hereby accepted to take effect on the dates set opposite their names.
Captain Austin T. Miller 34th Infantry, Ohio November 1st 1862
By order of Major General Wright
Sgd C W Foster
Assistant Adjutant General

No comments:

Post a Comment