Thursday, October 20, 2011

JoAnn Lloyd (1930-2009)

JoAnn Lloyd Cramer, 78, of Ammon, died July 16, 2009, at Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center of natural causes.

JoAnn was born August 28, 1930, in Bancroft, Idaho, to Isaac Joseph Lloyd and Lillis Earl Lloyd. She grew up and attended schools in Bancroft and graduated from North Gem High School. She took her training as a Registered Nurse in Idaho Falls. She has lived in Bancroft; Idaho Falls; Fort Lewis, Washington; Simi Valley, California; Los Angeles, California; and Ammon, Idaho.

JoAnn was married to Stanley Walter Cramer on March 23, 1951, in the Idaho Falls LDS Temple. She was a homemaker and mother and also worked as a Registered Nurse in Los Angeles, California, at St. Vincent's and Northridge Hospitals. Children were close to JoAnn's heart and she loved working in pediatrics, then continued her career as a behavioral health nurse in Idaho Falls.

An active member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, JoAnn served as a Relief Society President, Primary President and in various music callings throughout the years. She loved going to the temple and served as a temple officiator for five years. She loved sewing, needlework, handwork, flower gardening and was an avid reader. JoAnn was a sensitive and tenderhearted person who showed amazing kindness to others and lovingly shared their pain. She respected this world and was conscious of keeping our environment clean.

Survivors include her husband, Stanley Walter Cramer of Ammon; children, Stanley Reed (Lynn) Cramer of Idaho Falls, Coleen (Keith) John of Pueblo, Colo., Renae (Arden) Hill of Calgary, Alberta, Canada, and Karen (Glendon) Evans of Tremonton, Utah; siblings, Keith (Ella) Lloyd of Bancroft and Pauline (Reed) Christensen of Grace; 18 grandchildren; and 14 great-grandchildren. She was preceded in death by her parents.

Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Monday, July 20, at the Ammon LDS 1st Ward, 3000 Central Ave., with Bishop Jim Summers officiating. The family will visit with friends from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. Sunday at Wood Funeral Home East Side, 963 S. Ammon Road, and from 10 a.m. to 10:45 a.m. Monday at the church. Burial will be in Ammon Cemetery under the direction of Wood Funeral Home in Idaho Falls. Condolences may be sent to the family online at www.woodfuneralhome.com.


Grant Haroldsen
The passing of loved ones has its sorrows. However, it makes us all the more appreciative of the Gospel.

Gayle Wolz
Stan and family,
I am so sorry for your loss. I know first hand how painful this is, but what a sweet person she was and how much I enjoyed her company when we all lived in the Ammon 6th Ward.
Sincerely,
Gayle Wolz


Bill and Roxie Fager

Brother Cramer,
Bill and I wish to extend our deepest sympathy for your loss. I enjoyed working with JoAnn in the temple and being in DUP with her. We're homebound and don't drive so know that we care and would love to be there.



Bob and Mary (Dodge) Harvey

Dear Stan: Thinking of you at this sad time.
Sincerely, Mary Dodge Harvey



Patti Marshall
We are sorry for the passing of Joann. We will miss seeing her on her walks to "clean up" the neighborhood. You are in our prayers.


Donalue Hart
I will really miss her; her sweet smile at DUP always made me feel welcome. I'll always see her gathering trash along Ammon Road to make the world a better place. Many thanks for that! She will be missed. Donalue Hart


Melanie Belnap

There's an old saying
that goes "Don't put off tomorrow what you can do today." I was always going to nominate your wife/mother for "8 Who Make a Difference". I didn't know her personally, but I wish I had. Almost everyday when I'd drive down Ammon Road, there she'd be with her kitchen tongs and garbage bag picking up trash. It didn't matter what the weather; she was there. Usually she had her hat tied on with a chiffon scarf to keep it on her head and that would make me smile. I wish I'd taken the time to stop and thank her. I wish I'd nominated her; but then again, she was probably the type of person who would have shyed away from the spotlight. I want you to know she made a difference in my life.
May God be with you. Melanie Belnap



Judy and Del Allsop
Stan and family, Our thoughts and prayers go out to you in this time of loss. JoAnn was one of the sweetest most lovely people we have had the privilege of knowing. The time she spent in this life made us all better.


Peggy Cress

Dear Brother Cramer and Family, We were so sorry to hear of Sister Cramer's passing. She was a very wonderful lady.


Dale @ Peggy Cress

Dear Brother Cramer and Family, We were so sorry to hear of Sister Cramer's passing. She was a very wonderful lady. We want you to know that you are in our prayers. May the Lord bless and comfort you at this time.
Love, Dale @ Peggy (Frei) Cress



Kirk Clark

Stan, I was so sorry to hear of Joann's passing. What a wonderful caring person she was to all who came in contact with her. Whenever she saw me she always asked me how I was doing. That was Joann, caring more about others, than caring about her self. She was one of the most unselfish people I have ever met. I consider myself blessed to have known this fine woman for over 40 years. May your knowledge of the Plan of Salvation give you comfort and strength during this most difficult time. I will miss Joann and her tender smile. God bless your
family.


No comments:

Post a Comment